Work with us
Hospital for Specialist Surgery (HSS), a world-class multidisciplinary private hospital located at Bella Vista, Sydney
We seek to employ staff members with a passion for healthcare and a deep commitment to the philosophy of Patients First. With views overlooking Norwest Lake and the Blue Mountains HSS offers a tranquil atmosphere in a state-of-the-art environment.
HSS is currently recruiting the following positions:
Registered Nurses and Enrolled Nurses – Rehab Ward – Casual
Hospital for Specialist Surgery (HSS) is a world-class multidisciplinary private hospital located at Bella Vista, Sydney. HSS seeks to employ staff members with a passion for healthcare and a deep commitment to the philosophy of Patients First. With views overlooking Norwest Lake, HSS offers a tranquil atmosphere in a state-of-the-art environment.
Opportunities currently exist for experienced Registered Nurses and Enrolled Nurses to work on a casual basis in our Rehabilitation department. Our Rehab ward is a 36 bed facility providing in-patient rehabilitation to orthopaedic patients who had an elective surgery (knees, hips, and spine). The ward also provide acute pain management and reconditioning rehab programmes.
- Minimum 4 years Orthopaedic Sub-Acute Rehab or Acute Medical Surgical experience
- Permanent Resident or Australian Citizen
- Able to take rotating shifts & must be available weekdays, weekends & public holidays
- Strong passion for annual mandatory compliances and education competencies
- Above average Nursing knowledge and advanced Clinical Nursing skills
- An effective communicator with high proficiency of written and spoken English
- Current Registration with AHPRA
- Team player, collaborative, and with pleasing personality
- Positive with “Can do” attitude
- FIM Accredited
- Advance Life Support Licensed
- Knowledgeable with wound assessment and interventions
- Proficient with Waterlow Pressure Risk Assessment and Falls Risk Assessment
- Well controlled nurse patient ratio, in compliance with state-wide guidelines
- Breaks given timely to staff as per WHS guidelines
- Assistant Nurse deployed in certain shifts depending on the need
- Internal and External education seminars available
- Support from CNS and Team Leader available across all shifts
- May be offered permanent position after 6 months depending on probationary performance
- Private Hospital salary packaging available
To apply please submit your application via the link at the top of this page
Scrub/Scout, Anaesthetic and Recovery Registered Nurses or Enrolled Nurses
Opportunities exist in our Perioperative Unit for motivated RNs or ENs with experience in Orthopaedics, General and Plastic surgery. To be considered for these roles you will meet the following criteria:
- – Current Nursing Registration with AHPRA
- – Minimum of 2 years’ experience in relevant area
- – Excellent communications and interpersonal skills; the ability to engage positively with all stakeholders
- – Commitment to quality, best practice and environmental safety
- – Knowledge of legal and ethical requirements
- – Demonstrated knowledge of professional standards
- – Hold a passport or visa that allows you to live and work in Australia
- Experience in a broad range of surgeries would be looked on favourably but is not essential.
To apply, please submit your application via the link at the top of this page.
Surgical RNS & Paediatric Registered Nurses & Enrolled Nurse
An opportunity exists for a motivated and experienced Surgical RN/Paediatric Registered Nurse/Enrolled Nurse. Permanent full time, part time and casual positions are available.
- Must hold a minimum of 2 – 3 years’ of paediatric/ general surgical experience
- Must hold strong paediatric/ general surgical nursing skills
- Must hold full AHPRA no restrictions
- Additional post-grad and qualifications in paediatric/ general surgical nursing is desirable but not essential
- Some general adult experience is desirable but not essential (training available to RN in adult wards)
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to quality, best practice and environmental safety
- Knowledge of current national standards
- Demonstrated knowledge of professional standards
- Hold a passport or visa that allows you to live and work in Australia.
Please submit your application via the link at the top of this page.
Volunteers are an important part of our team at Hospital for Specialist Surgery (HSS). With a deep commitment to the philosophy of Patients First, HSS seeks to create an exceptional and seamless patient experience. We are currently looking for friendly and enthusiastic volunteers who can live out this philosophy. Some of the duties include coordinating reading material, assisting with flower arrangements and simply providing company.
Applicants must be over 18 years of age, provide at least two references and complete a Working with Children Check as part of the application process. Volunteer experience in a similar role will be looked on favorably although it is not essential.
To apply, send a covering letter detailing why you are interested and suited to a volunteer role at HSS, along with a resume outlining your work experience. Applications for voluntary positions should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated in confidence.