HSS boasts a purpose-built state-of-the-art rehabilitation facility
We offer orthopaedic and reconditioning inpatient and outpatient services with the very latest in equipment, a hydrotherapy pool and spa, and the combined expertise of the best of medical professionals — all set in a peaceful, modern environment — HSS Rehab is a leading facility of choice.
Highly skilled, professional and compassionate staff have been hand-picked to work at HSS Rehab, and we are proud of our high staff to patient ratio. Committed to delivering the best possible care, our multidisciplinary team work closely with each patient and their family to develop programs that are tailored specifically to their needs, based on mutually agreed and meaningful goals.
From rehabilitation physicians, nurses, physiotherapists, and occupational therapists to social workers, discharge planners, dieticians, speech pathologists and clinical psychologists, the HSS Rehab team provides comprehensive patient-focused care.
Outpatient services, lifestyle and wellness programs, and group therapy sessions are just some of the ways HSS Rehab provides patients with continuity of care and ongoing support.
It all adds up to a deep commitment to helping our patients recover quickly and live their lives to the fullest.
HSS Rehab highlights
- Full range of out-patient services
- On-going lifestyle and wellbeing programs
- Warm, caring and healing state-of-the-art environment
- Therapy areas providing a range of treatments
- Activities of Daily Living kitchen and assessment area — promotes patient independence and confidence for returning home
- Open dining and welcoming common areas on the ward
- On-site medical consulting rooms
- Large open corridors to facilitate walking
- High staff to patient ratio
- Fully equipped gyms with the latest in equipment
- Hydrotherapy pool and spa in a comfortable air-conditioned environment
- Group therapy sessions
- Generously-sized single and double rooms — many with stunning views across the tranquil lake and beyond
- On-site radiology, pathology and pharmacy
HSS Sports physio
Find out about the modern outpatients rehabilitation facility at HSS – Sports Physio at HSS. High quality rehabilitation, exercise and lifestyle programs are offered in a caring and healing state-of-the-art environment.
Located on level one at Hospital for Specialist Surgery (HSS), Sports Physio at HSS welcomes patients and the general public to benefit from our services.
Referrals are welcome to HSS Rehab from specialist consultants, rehabilitation physicians, general practioners and other hospitals. Early notice of referrals is appreciated.
Please contact the HSS Rehabilitation Manager to discuss referrals. Alternatively you can fax the HSS pre-admission referral form directly.
Outpatient Rehabilitation can be contacted on (02) 8711 0190.